Associate Professor, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacology and Arizona Respiratory Center
- Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pa, 1971 (M.D.)
- University of Wisconson Affiliated Hospitals, Madison, Wisconsin, 1971-1972 (Internship)
- University of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Madison, Wisconsin, 1972-1973 (Residency, Internal Medicine)
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 1974-1975 (Residency, Internal Medicine)
- University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona, 1979-1982 (Fellowship, Pulmonary Disease)
Honors and Awards:
- Excellence in Clinical Science Teaching for Medical Students Award, University of Arizona, 2007
Major Areas of Research Interest:
Molecular mechanisms of glucocorticoid action in the lung; mechanisms of eosinophil apoptsosi; effects of genetic polymorphisms on gene expression in asthma.
Sponsored Research Through MSRP:
Christopher Barnes (MSRP 1996): "Are there M5 Muscarinic Receptors in the Lung?"
Elizabeth Babin (MSRP 1996): "The regulation of substance P receptors by gluco-corticosteroids in the lung."
Monday, March 5, 2018