In order to enroll:
- Notify the Medical Student Research Committee (MSRC) of your intent to enroll in the Research Distinction Track (RDT) by submitting the brief Application of Intent . Contact Grace Wagner, MSRP Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-6360) to set up an appointment with Dr. Marlys Witte, Program Director.
- Print the RDT Application Form or stop by AHSC Room 4402 to pick up an application packet. If you are planning on continuing your MSRP project for the RDT, then you may submit the same proposal text with the RDT cover page and additional timeline information.
- Find a mentor in the online MSRP sponsor directory or find a mentor on your own.
- Before contacting the mentor, print a copy of the course outline for yourself and one for your mentor (also available in AHSC, Room 4402), which includes a letter to UA faculty members.
- Set up an appointment with the professor/mentor.
- If you and the mentor reach an agreement, complete the RDT Application form and proposal and submit it to Grace Wagner, Room 4402, AHSC.
- Enroll for Surgery 800A: Research Distinction Track through Student Records. (Keep in mind students can enroll in the program anytime.)
- Watch for future e-mail and written notices regarding seminars and journal clubs that can be attended to help fulfill the requirements of the course.