Departments of Neurology and Pharmacology
Physiological Sciences - GIDP
Neuroscience - GIDP
Fax: (520) 626-2111
Miriam I. Harris, Behavioral Assessment of the Current 6-OHDA Model of Parkinson's and Modulation of Basal Ganglia Excitability by Knockdown of the Kir2.3 Potassium Channel in the Direct Pathway; 2009
Brandon Root, Development of a Mild Hemi-Parkinson's Rodent Model with the Ability to Assess the Neuroprotective Efficacy of Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cell Transplantation; 2009
Mitchell J. Bartlett, Mechanisms of VEGF-B Action in Dopaminergic Cells; 2012
Christopher Chen Wu, Opioid Glycopeptides: A Novel Approach to Treating Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia; 2013
Mitchell Bartlett (MSRP 2016) "Evaluation of Low-Dose Ketamine Treatment in a Model of Development of Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia"
- Falk T, Meyerhof W, Corrette BJ, Schaefer J, Bauer CK, Schwarz JR, Richter D; Cloning, functional expression and mRNA distribution of an inwardly rectifying potassium channel protein. FEBS Letters 1995; 367, 127-131.
- Bauer CK, Falk T, Schwarz JR; An endogenous inactivating inwardly rectifying potassium current in oocytes of Xenopus laevis. Pfluegers Archive, European Journal of Physiology 1996; 432, 812-820.
- Falk T, Garver WS, Erickson RP, Wilson JM, Yool AJ; Expression of Niemann-Pick type C transcript in rodent cerebellum in vivo and in vitro. Brain Research 1999; 839/1, 49-57. (Communicating Author)
- Falk T, Kilani RK, Yool AJ, Sherman SJ; Viral-vector mediated expression of K+ channels regulates excitability in skeletal muscle. Gene Therapy 2001; 8(18):1372-1379. (Communicating Author)
- Falk T, Kilani RK, Borders RS, Strazdas LA, Steidl JV, Yool AJ, Sherman SJ; Developmental regulation of the A-current in hippocampal neurons: Role of the Kvbeta1.1 potassium channel subunit. Neuroscience 2003; 120(2), 387-404.
- Falk T, Zhang SL, Erbe EL, Sherman SJ; Neurochemical and electrophysiological characteristics of rat striatal neurons in primary culture. Journal of Comparative Neurology 2006; 494: 275-289.
- McKay BS, Goodman B, Falk T, Sherman SJ; Retinal pigment epithelial cell transplantation could provide trophic support in Parkinson's disease: results from an in vitro model system. Experimental Neurology 2006; 201, 234-243.
- Falk T, Xie JY, Zhang SL, Kennedy J, Bennett J, Sherman SJ; Over-expression of the potassium channel Kir2.3 using the dopamine-1 receptor promoter selectively inhibits striatal neurons. Neuroscience 2008; 155:114-127. (Communicating Author)
- Falk T, Zhang SL, Sherman SJ; PEDF is neurotrophic and neuroprotective in two in vitro models of Parkinson's disease. Neuroscience Letters 2009; 458:49-52. (Communicating Author)
- Falk T, Zhang SL, Sherman SJ; Vascular endothelial growth factor B is up-regulated and exogenous VEGF-B is neuroprotective in a culture model of Parkinson’s disease. Molecular Neurodegeneration 2009; 4:49. (Communicating Author).
- Falk T, Gonzalez RT, Sherman SJ; The Yin and Yang of VEGF and PEDF: Multifaceted Neurotrophic Factors and their Potential in the Treatment of Parkinson’s disease. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 2010; 11:2857-2900. (Communicating Author).
- Falk T, Yue X, Zhang SL, McCourt AD, Yee BJ, Gonzalez RT, Sherman SJ; Vascular endothelial growth factor B is neuroprotective in an in vivo model of Parkinson’s disease. Neuroscience Letters 2011; 496:43-47. (Communicating Author).
- Yue X, Falk T, Zuniga LA, Szabo L, Porreca F, Polt R, Sherman SJ; Effects of the opioid agonist MMP-2200 in preclinical models of Parkinson’s disease. Brain Research 2011; 1413: 72-83. (Communicating Author)
- Mabrouk OS, Falk T, Sherman SJ, Kennedy RT, Polt R; Brain uptake of the opioid glycopeptide MMP-2200 – a microdialysis study. Neuroscience Letters 2012; 531(2):99-103. (Communicating Author)
- Yue X, Hariri DJ, Caballero B, Zhang S, Bartlett MJ, Kaut O, Mount DW, Wüllner U, Sherman SJ, Falk T; Comparative study of neurotrophic effects by VEGF-B and GDNF in preclinical in vivo models of Parkinson’s disease. Neuroscience 2014; 258:385-400. (Communicating Author)
- Flores AJ, Bartlett MJ, So LY, Laude ND, Parent KL, Heien ML, Sherman SJ, Falk T; Differential effects of the NMDA receptor antagonist MK-801 on dopamine 1 and 2 receptor-induced abnormal involuntary movements in a preclinical model. Neuroscience Letters 2014; 564:48-52. (Communicating Author)
- Bartlett MJ, Joseph RM, LePoidevin LM, Parent KL, Laude ND, Lazarus LB, Heien ML, Estevez M, Sherman SJ, Falk T; Long-term effect of sub-anesthetic ketamine-infusion in reducing L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia. Neuroscience Letters 2016; 612:121-125. (Communicating Author)
Brandon K. Root, A Mild Hemi-Parkinson's Rat Model For the Assessment of Novel Therapies for Parkinson's Disease; 2011
Dianna Padilla, UCLA; 2014
Genesis Zazueta, Tucson Magnet High School; 2014
Alex Esqueda, University High School, 2016