Professor, Diagnostic Radiology
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, 1961 (B.A.)
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, 1965 (M.D.)
- Santa Clara County Hospital, San Jose, California, 1966 (Internship)
- Marquette University Medical School, Milwaukee, 1966 (Surgical Residency)
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1968-1971 (Radiology Residency)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 1987
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology, 1985
- Member, Sarver Heart Center
- Listed in "Best Doctors In America," 2003-2004
- Digital radiology
- Cardiac radiology
- Radiologic physics
- Interacting with strong basic radiological engineering and physics group that is in the forefront of developing total computerized radiological department
- Pursuing own interests in clinical radiology arena
Bruce Hedgepeth (MSRP 1987): "Comparison of CRT displays for diagnostic efficacy."
Taljanovic MS. Hunter TB. Krupinski EA. Alcala JN. Fitzpatrick KA. Ovitt TW. Academic radiology: the reasons to stay or leave. Academic Radiology. 10(12):1461-8, 2003.
Krupinski EA. McNeill K. Ovitt TW. Alden S. Holcomb M. Patterns of use and satisfaction with a university-based teleradiology system. Journal of Digital Imaging. 12(2 Suppl 1):166-7, 1999.
Yocky DA. Seeley GW. Ovitt TW. Roehrig H. Dallas WJ. Computer-simulated lung nodules in digital chest radiographs for detection studies. Investigative Radiology. 25(8):902-7, 1990.
Gibby WA. Billings J. Hall J. Ovitt TW. Biodistribution and magnetic resonance imaging of cross-linked DTPA polysaccharides. Investigative Radiology. 25(2):164-72, 1990.
Rehm K. Seeley GW. Dallas WJ. Ovitt TW. Seeger JF. Design and testing of artifact-suppressed adaptive histogram equalization: a contrast-enhancement technique for display of digital chest radiographs. Journal of Thoracic Imaging. 5(1):85-91, 1990.