Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA, 1985 (B.S., Physics)
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 1991 (Ph.D., Biophysics)
- University of Ume√•, Ume√•, Sweden, 1992-1993 (Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1994-1995 (Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- Deans scholarship, University of Virginia, 1986
- Flinn Post-doctoral Scientist, University of Arizona, 1995-1996
Dr. Trouard is primarily interested in the use of non-invasive imaging tools in establishing, delivering, and monitoring effective treatments. Among his project goals:
- To develop a MRI method for high-resolution diffusion-weighted imaging of the human brain.
- To develop a noninvasive technique for monitoring the chemotherapeutic response in human xenographts.
- To evaluate diffusion-weighted MRI as an early predictor of response to chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer.
- To investigate and model strategies that a speaker might employ for controlling acoustic eignemodes of the vocal tract during dynamic speech.
- To develop a non-invasive and quantitative method to monitor the progression of NP-C disease and its response to successful therapy
- To develop a 3-dimensional method for high-resolution diffusion-weighted radial MRI of the human brain.
Ahmad I. Lope-Piedrafita S. Bi X. Hicks C. Yao Y. Yu C. Chaitkin E. Howison CM. Weberg L. Trouard TP. Erickson RP. Allopregnanolone treatment, both as a single injection or repetitively, delays demyelination and enhances survival of Niemann-Pick C mice. Journal of Neuroscience Research. 82(6):811-21, 2005.
Trouard TP. Heidenreich RA. Seeger JF. Erickson RP. Diffusion tensor imaging in Niemann-Pick Type C disease. Pediatric Neurology. 33(5):325-30, 2005.
Altbach MI. Bilgin A. Li Z. Clarkson EW. Trouard TP. Gmitro AF. Processing of radial fast spin-echo data for obtaining T2 estimates from a single k-space data set. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 54(3):549-59, 2005.
Galons JP. Lope-Piedrafita S. Divijak JL. Corum C. Gillies RJ. Trouard TP. Uncovering of intracellular water in cultured cells. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 54(1):79-86, 2005.
Gmitro AF. Kono M. Theilmann RJ. Altbach MI. Li Z. Trouard TP. Radial GRASE: implementation and applications. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. 53(6):1363-71, 2005.
-Daniel Montilla, Amphitheater High School, 2003