- University of California, Davis CA, 1972 (B.A., Zoology)
- University of California, Davis CA, 1974 (M.A., Zoology)
- University of California, Irvine CA, 1978 (Ph.D., Biology)
- Dean's List for Excellence in Teaching in the Basic Sciences, 2004
- Cellular and molecular physiology of epithelial transport
- Membrane transport
- Energetics and Kinetics of Transport
- Molecular basis of substrate specificity
Groves CE. Suhre WB. Cherrington NJ. Wright SH. Sex differences in the mRNA, protein, and functional expression of organic anion transporter (Oat) 1, Oat3, and organic cation transporter (Oct) 2 in rabbit renal proximal tubules. Journal of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics. 316(2):743-52, 2006.
Soodvilai S. Wright SH. Dantzler WH. Chatsudthipong V. Involvement of tyrosine kinase and PI3K in the regulation of OAT3-mediated estrone sulfate transport in isolated rabbit renal proximal tubules. American Journal of Physiology - Renal Physiology. 289(5):F1057-64, 2005.
Wright SH. Role of organic cation transporters in the renal handling of therapeutic agents and xenobiotics. Toxicology & Applied Pharmacology. 204(3):309-19, 2005.
Suhre WM. Ekins S. Chang C. Swaan PW. Wright SH. Molecular determinants of substrate/inhibitor binding to the human and rabbit renal organic cation transporters hOCT2 and rbOCT2. Molecular Pharmacology. 67(4):1067-77, 2005.
Wright SH. Generation of resting membrane potential. Advances in Physiology Education. 28(1-4):139-42, 2004.
Wendy Suhre (Class of 2009): "Lysine accessibility in the binding pocket of rabbit MATE1."
-Keyerah Miani Bates, Pueblo Magnet High School, 2011