Fax: (520) 626-8574
- Yale University School of Medicine - Gynecologic/Oncology, 1986
- Yale-New Haven Hospital - Obstetrics/Gynecology, 1984
- Brown University Program in Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island - MD, 1980
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island - BS Biology, 1977
- 1988-1990 Reproductive Scientist Development Program Award from NICHD and ACOG
- 1990-1993 NIH-RO3-HD Award
- 1993-1996 NIH-KO8-Award
- 1993-1995 NIH-R55 Award
- 1995-2002 NIH-R29 Award
- 1999-2001 Mary Kay Ash Foundation Award
- 2002-2006 DOD 17-02-1-0633 Award
- 2002-2009 NIH-R01CA097347
- Oral Board Examiner, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1999-present
- Department of Defense Study Section Reviewer for the Ovarian, Breast, and Prostate Cancer Research Programs 1999-2005
- NCI, Ad-hoc reviewer, Special Emphasis Panel, Insight Award-Stamp Out Breast Cancer, 2000
- New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists, Secretary/Treasurer 1996-1999, President, 2001
- Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM), AAMC, 2004-2005
- NIH Tumor Microenvironment study section ad-hoc reviewer 2005
- Bobbi Olson Endowed Chair in Ovarian Cancer Research, 2005
- Best Doctors in America, 2005-2006.
- Best Doctors in America, 2007-2008
- America’s Top Doctors for Cancer, 2008.
- NIH SPORE study section ad-hoc reviewer 2008, 2009
- Council member, American Gynecologic and Obstetrical Society 2007-10
- Member, Institute of Medicine 2009
- Ovarian Cancers
- Uterine, Cervical, Vaginal, Vulvar Cancers
- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- High-Risk Cancer Screening
- Complicated Gynecologic Surgery
- Rare, Unusual Cancers
- Second Opinions
Christine Gruessner (MSRP 2011): "Expression Levels of the Biomarkers CSF-1 and ERBB4 in Ovarian and Fallopian Tube Tissues, Comparing Low and High-Risk Groups"
Chambers SK, Kacinski BM, Ivins CM, Carcangiu ML. Overexpression of epithelial CSF-1 and CSF-1 receptor: a poor prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer; contrasted to a protective effect of stromal CSF-1. Clin Cancer Res. 1997;3:999-1007.
Chambers SK, Chambers JT, Schwartz PE , Kohorn EI, Lorber MI, Handschumacher RE, Pizzorno G. Pharmacokinetic and phase I trial of intraperitoneal carboplatin and cyclosporine A in refractory gynecologic cancer patients. J Clin Oncol. 1997;15:1945-1952.
Chambers SK , Ivins CM, Kacinski BM, Hochberg RB. An unexpected effect of glucocorticoids on stimulation of c-fms proto-oncogene expression in choriocarcinoma cells expressing little glucocorticoid receptor. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;190:974-85.
Tangir J, Bonafe N, Gilmore-Hebert M, Chambers SK . SGK-1, a potential regulator of c-fms related breast cancer aggressiveness. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2004;21:477-483.
Toy EP, Bonafe N, Savlu A, Zeiss C, Zheng W, Flick M, Chambers SK . Correlation of tumor phenotype with c-fms proto-oncogene expression in an in vivo intraperitoneal model for experimental human breast cancer metastasis. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2005;22(1):1-9.
Bonafe N, Gilmore-Hebert M, Folk NL, Azoudi M, Zhou Y, Chambers SK . Gyceraldehyde-3-Phosphate dehydrogenase binds to the AU-rich 3' untranslated region of colony-stimulating factor-1 messenger RNA in human ovarian cancer cells: possible role in colony-stimulating factor-1 posttranscriptional regulation and tumor phenotype. Cancer Res. 2005 May 1;65(9):3762-3771.
Chambers SK . Systematic lymphadenectomy in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: two decades of uncertainty resolved. J Natl Cancer Ins. 2005; 97(8):548-549.
Fadare O, Liang SX, Ulukus EC, Chambers SK, Zheng W. Putative Precursors of endometrial clear cell carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol 30(12):1519-1530, 2006.
Zheng W, Liang SX, Yi X, Ulukus EC, Davis JR, Chambers SK. Occurrence of endometrial glandular dysplasia precedes uterine papillary serous carcinoma. Int J Gynecol Pathol 26(1):38-52, 2007.
Zhou Y, Yi X, Stoffer JB, Bonafe N, Gilmore-Hebert M, McAlpine J, Chambers SK. The multifunctional protein glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is both regulated and controls CSF-1 mRNA stability in ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Res 6(8):1375-84, 2008. NIHMSID 72748.
Yi X, Zhou Y, Zheng W, Chambers SK. HuR expression in the nucleus correlates with high histologic grade and poor disease-free survival in ovarian cancer. In press, Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 49(1), 2009
Woo HH, Zhou Y, Yi X, David CL, Zheng W, Li R, Gilmore-Hebert, M, Kluger HM, Ulukus EC, Baker T, Stoffer JB, Chambers SK. Regulation of non AU-rich element containing c-fms proto-oncogene expression by HuR in breast cancer. Oncogene 28:1176-86, 2009.
Toy EP, Azodi MA, Folk NL, Zito CM, Zeiss CJ, Chambers SK. Enhanced ovarian cancer tumorigenesis and metastasis by the macrophage colony stimulating factor (CSF-1). Neoplasia 11(2):136-144, 2009.
Chambers SK, Clouser MC, Baker AF, Roe DJ, Cui H, Brewer MB, Hatch KD, Gordon MS, Janicek MF, Isaacs JD, Gordon AN, Nagle RB, Wright HM, Cohen JL, Alberts DS. Overexpression of tissue VEGF-A may portend an increased likelihood of progression in a phase II trial of bevacizumab and erlotinib in women with resistant ovarian cancer. Clin Cancer Res 16(21):5320-8, 2010.
Hess LM, Chambers SK, Hatch K, Hallum A, Janicek M, Buscema J, Borst M, Calley C, Slayton L, Chongpison Y, Alberts DS. Pilot study of prospective identification of changes in cognitive function during chemotherapy treatment for advanced ovarian cancer. J Support Oncol 8:252-8, 2010.
Toy EP, Lamb T, Azodi M, Roy WJ, Woo HH and Chambers SK. Inhibition of the c-fms proto-oncogene autocrine loop and tumor phenotype in glucocorticoid stimulated human breast carcinoma cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat, DOI 10.1007/s10549-010-1247-7 (published on line ahead of print 10 November 2010).
Woo HH, Yi X, Lamb T, Menzl I, Baker T, Shapiro DJ, Chambers SK. Post-transcriptional suppression of proto-oncogene c-fms expression by vigilin in breast cancer. Mol Cell Biol 31(1):215-25, 2011. Epub 2010 Oct 25.
McCaffrey R, Bahtiyar M, Kohorn EI, Chambers JT, Schwartz PE, Chambers SK. Neoadjuvant and Adjuvant Chemotherapy of Cervical Cancer: Mature Results of the Phase II PBM-PFU Protocol. Int H Gynecol Cancer 21(3); 535-544, 2011.
Lin J, Yi X, Zhang Z, Zhuang Z, Li J, Chambers SK, Kong B, Zheng W. Prohibitin as a novel target protein of luteinizing hormone in ovarian epithelial carrcinogenesis. Neoplasm 58(2); 104-109, 2011.
Li J, Abushahin N, Pang S, Xiang L, Chambers SK, Fadare O, Kong B, Zheng W. Tubal origin of “ovarian” low-grade serous carcinoma. Modern Pathol, 1-12, 2011 (published on line ahead of print doi:10.1038/modpathol.2011.106.
Christine Gruessner (RDT 2015): "Biomarkers and Endosalpingiosis in the Ovarian and Tubal Microenvironment of Women at High-risk for Pelvic Serous Carcinoma"