- Stanford University, 1990 (Ph.D.)
- University of Illinois, 1990-93 and University of Chicago 1993-95 (Postdoctoral Training)
- University of Illinois Bronze Tablet: graduated summa cum laude (1984)
- Ernest M. Lyman Award: Outstanding Undergraduate in Physics (1984)
- American Astrophysical Society Solar Physics Division Studentship Award (1986)
- National Institutes of Health National Research Service Award (1993-94)
- Kurt Rossmann Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Chicago (1999)
- USA Triathlon Age Group All American
- Ironman World Championships Qualifier/Finisher (2004)
- Radiotherapy Physics.
- Target localization in IMRT, SRS and SRT.
- Advanced imaging methods for evaluating therapeutic response to radiation therapy, including diffusion weighted MRI, and PET.
- Development of anatomically realistic radiographic respiration phantom for spine and lung cancer radiotherapy investigation.
Armbruster B. Hamilton RJ. Kuehl AK. Spectrum reconstruction from dose measurements as a linear inverse problem. Physics in Medicine & Biology. 49(22):5087-99, 2004.
Levin-Plotnik D. Hamilton RJ. Optimization of tumour control probability for heterogeneous tumours in fractionated radiotherapy treatment protocols. Physics in Medicine & Biology. 49(3):407-24, 2004.
Kao J. Turian J. Meyers A. Hamilton RJ. Smith B. Vijayakumar S. Jani AB. Sparing of the penile bulb and proximal penile structures with intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer. British Journal of Radiology. 77(914):129-36, 2004.
Jani AB. Pelizzari CA. Chen GT. Roeske J. Hamilton RJ. Macdonald RL. Bova F. Hoffmann KR. Sweeney PA. Volume rendering quantification algorithm for reconstruction of CT volume-rendered structures: Part I. Cerebral arteriovenous malformations. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 19(1):12-24, 2000