Professor, Clinical Pediatrics
Director, Pulmonary Training Program, Arizona Respiratory Center
Fax: (520) 626-9465
- University of Texas at Austin, 1978 (BS, Zoology)
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston, 1983 (M.D.)
- University of Oklahoma, 1983-1987 (Pediatric Residency/Chief Residency)
- University of Arizona, 1987-1990 (Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship)
- University of Oklahoma, 1987 (Chief Resident Pediatrics)
- pediatric pulmonary diseases
- maternal-fetal immunological interaction in relation to asthma and allergic diseases
- effect of environment on asthma
- new therapies to treat VLBW premature infants with respiratory distress syndrome
- the effect of tobacco on placental development and immune function.
Ali Baradaran (MSRP 2000): "Effects of antenatal tobacco exposure on cytokine expression in human placental explants."
Valerie Miranda (MSRP 2003): "Possible risk factors associated with persistent need for oxygen and increase length of stay in pediatric pulmonary patients who are otherwise healthy."
-Giselle Celaya, Sunnyside High School, 2005