Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, Department of Emergency Medicine
Director, Emergency Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Program
Fax: (520) 626-2480
- Northern Arizona University, Chemistry, 1990 (BS)
- University of Arizona, Biochemistry, 1998 (Ph.D.)
- University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona, 1998 (M.D.)
- University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, 6/24/1998 - 1/31/2003 (Residency, Emergency Medicine)
- Education Award, Department of Pediatrics, 2003
- Chief Resident Award, Department of Pediatrics, 2003
- Chief Resident Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, 2003
- Education Award, Department of Emergency Medicine, 2003
- Best Presentation, Medical Student Research Forum, 1995-1996
- Graduate and Professional Student Travel Grant, ASUA, 1995
- Flinn Foundation, Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS) Scholar, 1994-1996
- American Heart Association (AHA), Fellowship, 1994-1995
- Student Representative, M.D./Ph.D. Club, University of Arizona, 1993-1998
- Hostetter Fellowship, Department of Biochemistry, 1993-1998
- Dean's List, Northern Arizona University, 1987-1990
- Athletic Scholarship (Wrestling), Northern Arizona University, 1985-1990
- Urinary tract infections
- Inflammatory markers
Patricia Olaya (MSRP, 2006): “Polyamines and their Acetyl Derivatives as Biomarkers for Urinary Tract Infections.”
Lucas Friedman (MSRP 2007): "Polyamines and Their Acetyl Derivatives as Biomarkers for Urinary Tract Infections."
Jennie Collins (MSRP 2008): "Lactate clearance as a prognostic marker in pediatric shock."
Jolomi Iyoha (MSRP 2011): "Utilizing Bedside Ultrasound to Diagnose Pediatric Skull Fracture in the Emergency Department"
Mariah Lyko, (MSRP 2015): "Biomarker Levels in Children with Acute Bone Fracture"
Bethany Boczar, (MSRP 2017): Biomarker Levels in Children with Acute Bone Fracture"
Robert Martinez, (MSRP 2017): Characterizing the Change in Bilirubin Level of Bruises over Time Through the Use of Transcutaneous Spectrophotometry"
Julie Augenstein (Class of 2012): "The role of polyamines and their acetyl-derivatives as biomarkers for UTIs."